From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:10:04 -0600
Hi, Y'all!

Well, I guess I showed Marlo and evberyone else just how computer-illiterate I am.   However, I'm sure there are a few of us, beginners as well as long-term collectors, who are stuck
with a hand-written or typed numbering system - at least until
we get a computer.

I do find that simple numbering, with an auxiliary coding system as I described,  allows me to keep my shell information
organized and easily updated.    I agree that collecting data is
by far the most important fact; and I refer you back to an article
(was it by Gary Rosenberg or Rich Goldberg) in the American
Conchologist this year about what COMPLETE collecting data
means.

Cheers!
Linda