From:
Alfonso Pina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:48:03 -0500
Dear David,

I really wish to help you, but I think I lack enough knowledge... though if
I stay in this list for ten years more, I surely will get it.

What I found:

- Cerastoderma glaucum: nothing, or worse, I have found the two authors you
mention coming both from same source (in different papers). Anyway, I think
the specific name has to be "glauca", isn't it?

- Austrovenus stutchburyi: nothing definitive, but linguistic logics points
to "yi"

- Crassostrea belcheri: Sowerby, 1878 (or 1871, after Poppe)

- Crassostrea nippona (Seki, 1934), as far as I know this is a synonim for
C. belcheri

- Ctena divergens (Philippi, 1850): I have the same attribution, but under
Epicodakia divergens

- Ctenoides annulatus (Lamarck, 1818): Lamarck, 1819 after Poppe

- Glycymeris pedunculus: I only found pectunculus...

- Forskal, 1775: You´re right, there is a little circle over the "a". You
could search it on botanical texts too.

- Saccostrea cucullata: I don´t know Stenzel´s arguments, but my Latin
dictionary only register "cucullus".

Hope this helps, best regards,

Alfonso Pina
Málaga, Spain