From:
"Philip L. Poland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:58:17 -0500
True. My advice is to let the snail and shell dry out a little before
freezing. A few species can't be frozen at all. Long-term (weeks)
refrigeration is completely safe but pulling isn't always as easy. In either
case, some rehydration (soaking in water) will make flushing of the poor old
snail easier after it's brought back to room temperature.