From:
"Monfils, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:21:19 -0500
Hello Paul,

Point well taken.  I have occasionally had difficulty finding things in the
archives because of the problem of changing the title of the thread.
However, I can usually work around that fairly well, using the various
features of the archive search engine.  Fortunately we do not have to search
the archives by the titles of threads.  We can search the actual text of
archived messages by keyword.  If I wanted to recover the messages from this
thread, I would first do a text search for "patronym".  That would bring up
several of the related postings.  I would notice that most of those postings
have titles which include the words "lazy" or "laziness".  I would then do a
title search for the string "laz", which would get almost all of them.  Of
course, "Who is that masked man" would be missed, which supports your point.
But I find that the archive search engine has quite a bit of flexibility,
once you become familiar with it.

Paul M.