From:
Erika Gottfried <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:39:19 -0500
Dear friends,

So many people on the list were so kind and helpful a couple of years
ago when I asked for advice on where to do beach shelling someplace I
feared was all shelled out--Miami Beach.  Thanks to listserv members, I
was spectacularly successful.

Now I'm handing you guys another challenge:  I'm going to
Hawaii...tomorrow afternoon (Saturday), and will be on the island of
Kauai for nearly two weeks--perhaps also hopelessly shelled out. I no
longer collect live shells, but would love to get some advice from
conch'ers on where to go for best beach shelling (either directly on
beach or rocks, or in shallow water) that is also safe (I know that
water is rough and waves can be especially dangerous in winter there).

I apologize for the short notice (I tried unsuccessfully to post this to
the list earlier), but hope that someone will be able to help me out
just the same.

Thanks in advance!

-Erika Gottfried