From:
Kate Moses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:32:40 -0800
Thanks for the helpful responses so far regarding my question about
seashells typical to Berck-sur-Mer in France.  Mary Canada is right (I'm
impressed by your powers of deduction, Mary!), though, that I'm researching
the shells based on 40-year-old descriptions rather than actual shells, so
unfortunately I can't scan them and haven't seen them myself.  However,
keyhole limpet (anyone have a guess as to a more specific variety of
keyhole limpet for that area?) sounds and looks right, as well as tellina
tenuis.

Does anyone know if there is a common name for tellina tenuis?

Also, are conch shells found on the coast of Normandy/Picardy?

many thanks,
Kate Moses
*
Kate Moses