From:
"Orstan, Aydin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:29:58 -0500
Nancy,
I have not done any collecting on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake, but I
am familiar with western shore, where of course one finds the famous fossils
of Calvert Cliffs. That is, one finds the fossils if one can get to the
shore. I know of only 3 locations that provide public access to the shore
between the Bay Bridge & the Solomons Island.

Maryland Geological Survey has Harold Vokes' Miocene fossils book on CD
(http://www.mgs.md.gov/esic/publications/new/b20.html).

Other than that I am not familiar with any other relevant publications.

Happy collecting.

Aydin