From:
Livett Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:59:16 +1100
Conus ateralbus also appears on a 50c postage stamp from Cape Verde (date
issued 30 November, 1983) . To view, load up this page
http://grimwade.biochem.unimelb.edu.au/cone/cones_on_stamps.html
and scroll down to the third entry, Conus ateralbus - Kiener 1845, then
click on Cape Verde Islands.

There is also an image of Conus ateralbus in Giancarlo Paganelli's Cone
Shell collection at  http://www.molluscs.net/gallery/conidae/ateralbus.html

Interesting that it is not listed under this name in any of the main cone
shell books in my collection either. Does it go by another name perhaps ?

All best wishes for 2002 and good coning out there.

Bruce