From:
Sieglinde Hofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:58:38 +0100
Dear landshellers

at the moment I am working out a systematical order
for my landshell collection as following. Each species
or subspecies will get an own number to get together a
systematica order in my database.
the number of each species is consisting in the
following way
I'll give you here an example:
B.0060.010.001

B. is for inlandmolluscs and will say binnen (a german
   term

the first part of the numer
0060. is standing for family like Clausiliidae

the second part (the number in the middle) stands for
the genus and is currently continued

010. Herilla
020. Alopia
030
040
050. Charpentieria

the last number

001
002
003
004 eg. stands for species and subspecies added a, b,

004. itala itala
004.a itala rubiginea
004.b itala braunii
eg.

the fields in the database are;
family, genus, species + subspecies, autor, country
province, locality, coordinates, hight, habitat, day,
month, year, leg, det, excoll, note
but you can make more fields

what do you think of my system. Please let me know.
The systematic work will be terminated very soon and
if there are collectors interested in such a system
I can send them the list to see the numbers

with best regards
Sieglinde

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de