From:
Sieglinde Hofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 23:14:07 +0100
There isn't again a good numerating system on the
malacological sector like on the field of colleoptera
where there is a very similar system. Indeed Ihave
adapted these numbers for my system and the only way
is now to numerate all the families, genera and
species and not to oversee a lot of them. Between
the whole numbers 0010 0020 0030 or the other numbers
there I find always place to add new families, genera
and so on, but with the computer I alwaya am able to
change the numbers too. But I have to make on order
of more than 25 000 lots or more, as the collection
is quite large and most interesting and covering
many parts of the European Alps from Austria, Italy.
the dinaric states and Greece.
Infact I do have some more fields again, which at the
moment didn't mention, but when the listing is
complete
I will send you a few samples for discussing. I can
prepare also a systematic list which is covering 2500
of landshells and marine shells from Europe. Only
a few authors are missing and the year of description.
Thats all for today and with best wishes for a good
colaboration.
Sieglinde Hofer

--- bivalve <[log in to unmask]>
schrieb: > >the fields in the database are : family,
genus,

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de