From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:56:29 -0200
Hi,

I don't know where it started, but I guess all of you watched Buckaroo
Banzai, you can see many "space ships" shaped as Spondylus, Murex and
Lambis... the movie is crazy but these ships made me laugh a lot!
You may see a "spondylus ship" being destroyed here
http://www.yesterdayland.com/images/popopedia/shows/movies/mv1864.jpg

Marcus

>From: Jordan Star <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: mollusca and the movies
>Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:13:23 EST
>
>Hello All
>Lets not forget the classic (40 or so years old) 20 Thousand Leagues Under
>the Sea by Jules Vern.  A large squid attacks the submarine Nautilus.  When
>they go "collecting" on the sea bottom, they wear large shells (Nutmeg's,
>the
>Latin name is?) as part of the breathing apparatus.  In the Nautilus is a
>room of plundered treasures including pearls.  After the three stowaways
>are
>captured and rescued from the sea, Kirk Douglas "robs" Captain Nemo's
>preserved moleskin speculums to drink the alcohol.  In the movie, The
>Mysterious Island, we learn that Captain Nemo is using Genetics to enhance
>the growth of animals to use as food.  The unwelcome visitors to the island
>are attacked by a large crab among other creatures.  You probably didn't
>think you would get an ear full (eye full), but you did.
>
>Jordan Star

Converse com amigos on-line, experimente o MSN Messenger:
http://messenger.msn.com.br