From:
Geoff Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:52:37 +1100
Dear Joan and Joel,
There are many good spots to collect, but I think any beach is worth a look
as there are often surprises.
I live in southern Australia and most beaches (where legal) can provide an
interesting array of endemic species. Parts of Queensland and the Great
barrier Reeef have great collecting spots but more typical of elsewhere in
the Pacific. Cebu, Mactan and Bohol in the Philippines are great although
more for buying shells. Most Pacific Islands provide spots with good
collecting. I can personally say this for Viti Levu, Taveuni, Kandavu (all
fiji) Moorea, Raiatea, Vanuatu (my favourite), Guam, Papua New Guinea, Bali.
-Just about anywhere.
Check it is OK to collect where you plan to go.
Regards
Geoff