Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:44:32 -0400
Peter,

Try purchasing silicone spray at a local diver shop.  Among its many useful functions for divers, silicone spray is best used to keep wet suit zippers zipping.  I use a brand called CRC Extreme Duty Silicone (CRC Chemicals USA) that I purchase from a diver shop here in my neighborhood.  It comes with a narrow tube extender for the spray nozzle, which I imagine can be useful when spraying shells with intricate shapes and sculpture.  I've never used silicone on shells though, so I can't say whether it would cause virid spots to develop on your shells.  ¦;-)
Rich
worldwideconchology.com