From:
Geoff Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:12:57 +1000
Dear Linda
Good to see more interest in snails.
This group of Camaenidae from eastern Australia is an interesting taxonomic
challenge as there are a number of very similar species which can only be
differentiaited on anatomy or accurate locality data. The exact genus is
also problematic. I personally have trouble accepting appendiculata as
Thersites and tend to lump all mine in Sphaerospira. I understand John
Stanisic at the Queensland Museum is working on these so there may be a more
definitive abnswer one day soon.
regards
Geoff