From:
Franck Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:45:52 +0200
Hello everybody ! I do not mind either seeing commercial seashell links on
Conch-L as long as there are  no specimen lists in the e-mails . We
collectors indeed are responsible grown-ups and as such responsible for our
acts and completely free to want to or not to see what these commercial
links may leed to . I myself may buy or not buy something but even if I do
not find anything likely to increase my collection  I might find photos of
interesing specimens belonging  to all families which as such will increase
my  knowledge of  the families I collect as well as of  those I do not
collect . Otherwise on the cmmercial websites I find useful information:and
not only  "data" . Recently I have seen an interesting new website :
http://www.gauguini.com/  wich according to me deserves to be known and on
which there are good photos (  with seemingly non-enhanced colors ! ) of
gorgeous specimens of  much sought-after species ( such as Voluta
chrysostoma , Voluta cossignanii , Conus nocturnus , Trophon catalinensis to
name a few ) which indeed are worth a glance . Commercial websites are that
too . Franck Frydman