From:
Kevin Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:29:12 +1000
Great Bruce

So we need DNA labs set up in every workers house or at least access to it,
not here in Brisbane, the police and some lucky people at the Uni have it
tied up. But what a boon for collectors in the field, they can cart their
mini DNA sampling gear with them on each field trip and we won't have to
worry about variaton within species any more, I'm sure this will be a blow
to cypraea and conidae collectors, imagine the synonymy.
Sorry I dont think there is any way you can beat the old method, if you find
three definate variations between two species the odds are in your favour
that you have a new species and the cost is nil.

Cheers and a happy New Year
Kev

---