From:
Timothy Blackwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:41:32 -0800
Hi,

     Many years ago, I saw a photo of Tibia serrata Perry, 1811, in an edition of the Guinness
Book of World Records, identifying it as the rarest shell in the world.  The caption went on to
state that it was known from only one specimen, the location of which was unknown at the time the
book went to press.  I've since seen drawings of it, but know nothing about the shell.  Does
anyone out there have articles or other documentation pertaining to this species that you would be
willing to email to me?  I've found one reference on the web, but it was in Italian.  Thus, I was
unable to read it.  Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance and I'll look forward to hearing from you.  Bye for now. :)

Sincerely,
Tim Blackwood

=====
Timothy J. Blackwood