From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 07:32:32 -0400
Anyone for Esperanto?
Anyone even know or remember what Esperanto was?

John

    Do you remember when the highway departments tried to get us to accept
Kilometers in place of Miles? Fat Chance! Common names are common because
that's what people call them:---Pig Toes, Heel Splitters, ---you get the
idea. We are brilliant! We know the difference between a Conch and a Whelk.
Others don't. Language is, and always has been, the product of people who
understand it, local customs, baby talk, and them dang feriners.---whoever
they may be.