From:
JUDITHWARNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:21:13 -0500
There is a strombus gigas aquaculture farm on Providenciales in the
Turks/Caicos Islands. They have a display showing a picture of a conch pearl
and explaining the conch life cycle and they give a tour of their farm. They
raise fry in tanks and feed them a special algal mixture they raise
themselves. After, they put them in fenced areas in a "subsea pasture." They
sell harvested conch shells locally, but I do not know if they do it on a
large scale. They have an inventory of one million conchs and they have a
goal of harvesting one million per year.  Their address is:

Caicos Conch Farm
TWI, Ltd - P.O. Box 286
Providenciales
Turks & Caicos Islands, BWI