From:
Burton Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:51:47 -0700
Linda,

Opercula of Melongena corona, in the Archerd Collection, also have a
decidedly rough texture and are pointed. The shell shown is 6 cm and
was collected in the early '60s. Gladys Archerd was very careful about
preserving opercula with the shells.

<http://nighthawk.tricity.wsu.edu/museum/ArcherdShellCollection/
Gastropoda/Melongenidae.html>

-Burton Vaughan