From:
Betty and Bob Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:43:28 -0700
Paul R. Monfils wrote:

> Some writers put C. raderi in synonymy with C. femorale, but I have had
> specimens of both, and they are really quite different on several criteria.
> C. raderi is from the southern Caribbean.
> Paul M.
Cymatium raderi is named after my best friend Jack Rader who passed away
several years ago.  He brought this new shell to my attention and we
bought as many as we could to compare a growth series with Cym.
femorale  He was persistent that this shell would be named.  The first
ones came out of Honduras, but later the really large ones were found to
be living in Brazil.  We couldn't believe that such a large shell could
escape detection for so many years, but it did.  I don't have the
authors names in front of me at present.  Somebody please give us the
authors names.

Bob Lipe
Bob & Betty Lipe mailto:[log in to unmask]
The Shell Store: http://theshellstore.com