From:
lindawbush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:10:00 -0400
Yes, I'm back with more questions about Spondylidae-

I am going almost batty over a shell with the following
spine arrangement - several major ribs, but WITH ONLY ONE
insterstitial rib between, bearing small nodules and some
fine prickly spines.  I have been all the way through
Lamprell several times and cannot find this arrangement.
 It reminds me of princeps, except for that area between
the major rows of spines.  It is roughly equivalve, has a
small area of attachment, is  dark ruby red in color with
some white subtle spotting between the ribs.

I apologize for not having a decent scanner or a good
digital camera.  I can scan it for you, but the scan will
only show some details, and will have very poor depth of
field.  I will scan it open, spine sides showing.  No, I
will have to do two scans, as the articulation at the
hinge is so tight it cannot be separated.

Please contact me off list if you might be able to help.

Thanks,
Linda