From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:43:13 +1300
>It is not a real albinos, as the lip and the canal of the specimen are
>colored. I remember the animal was rather pale, but not white.
>
>For those who are interested, here is a link to some pictures of my
>"albinistic" S. pugilis, with a normal one (found in the same place) for
>comparaison : <www.zonatus.com/Pugilis.htm>

Actually, when I think about it, true albinos are not necessarily
entirely unpigmented. Albino cats "often" (as if they are common!)
have some hair pigments... tigers with black stripes, for instance,
and have blue eyes (with red eyeshine... making me think that Siamese
and other "Foreign" pussies and pussas have albinistic genes).

Does anyone know an expert on albinism?
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand