From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:43:45 +1300
>Are there not still issues with exporting shells from Australia? I
>understand that collecting is not a problem in many locations but what about
>the permit that was needed in the past to carry out shells in your luggage?
>Only a very long vacation allowed time to obtain the correct paperwork. Has
>this changed?

Well, they don't ask you when you're leaving whether you have
anything to declare, or search your luggage. I don't know whether the
x-ray attendants would be able to identify a shell in the image, or
if they did, whether they'd question you about it...

A dealer yesterday told me:
    " We have processed the above total on your credit card without
problems and will mail your parcel by tomorrow."

As I'd just made the purchase, the implication is that the
bureaucracy in exporting shells may have been lifted.
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand