From:
Carlos Humberto Durães de Carvalho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:38:33 -0000
Dear conchlers,
Thanks to those who have contacted myself privatly, about the subject.
Thanks to Dr Christopher Meyer from Florida Museum for offering to
examine
the bodies, normal fultoni fultoni and the presumed albino. I will come
back when I have news about this.
The shell photo can be seen at David Touitou'web page:
Seashell-Collector.com , on the Unidentified cowries.
Best regards
Carlos

Dear conchlers,
I just red Andrew's message about the animal be examined in the case to
be sure that it is an albino shell.
On December 1995 I have got a white fultoni (almost white...there is
some brownish yellow on its base) directly from the fisher men. The
animal was inside, and I managed to extract the animal from the shell
and put it in alcohol. I lived in Mozambique for 9 years. Now I retired
from my job and have returned to Portugal. I am now beginning to unpack
the shells I brought, trying to do my best to organize them as a
collection.
I want to exchange my duplicates and build a larger collection.
I just found the fultoni albino and the preserved body in . I am not
sure if it is fultoni amorimi or fultoni fultoni?
Anybody could tell me the wright way to get this animal examined? I can
send the shell if is a trusty ...  Besides I have some other fultony
bodies preserved in alcohol... may be somebody is interested in study.
Best regards
Carlos Carvalho