From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:14:14 +1300
>Dear Andrew,
>
>     I agree to all your information which is all possible.  I already clean
>what I got and they are very nice with differrent pattern and some are
>almost black and some are light colour.  I measure it all and I got the
>biggest which reaches to 85mm really a GIANT SIPHONARIIDAE.

WOW!! That is impressive. Do you think this is a large species, or
that these big ones are abnormal?

>  The normal
>siphonariidae stay from rocks, big rocks from the shore. This stay from
>Mountain rocks and to remove it I ask the helps of the locals and they used
>Big Torch to release them and sometimes they fall to the sea and they have
>to dive it to bring it back.

Siphonariids do not grip tenaciously. Unlike limpets, they can
usually quite easily be pulled off by hand. And if they do hold on
tight, you can slip a blunt knife under the foot (I like to dig into
the rock under the foot, so as not to injure the animal and cause it
pain).

>I will prepare a photo and if you wish I can
>send you an attachment.

Yes, I would like to se images of this, please.
--
Regards
Andrew