From:
Scott E Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 19:27:04 -0700
Dear Nancye,

What I did was call in one of the local closet redesign outfits (whom had
done a good job on a large closet I had built) and asked them to bid on some
shell cabinets I wanted made.  They are accustomed to making house calls and
working on tight budgets.  I gave them the inside drawer dimension that I
wanted and they worked out the rest.  Each cabinet had drawers of different
internal depth.  I had the cabinets done in white laminate, which looks good
and is easy to clean.

An important point is the drawer slides that you want to use.  The cheap
route is using epoxy roller slides, which are still better than the friction
wood slides you find on most custom made shell cabinets.  Much better yet is
to specify full extension Accuride ball bearing drawer slides, which are the
best made and really upgrade the quality, movement and load carrying
capacity.  This is what I did, but then again, I am the CEO of Accuride
International and got the slides cheap!

Anyway, these closet cabinet organizing firms are also accustomed to
delivering fast and setting up the cabinets in your home.  The ideal way to
go in my opinion.  And like I said, the price is very reasonable (lower, I
believe, then other custom cabinets) and these guys are hungry because the
competition is intense.

To finish the job, I lined the drawer bottoms with acid free artist's poster
board.

Hope this offers an interesting alternative,

Scott Jordan