From:
Janice Light <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:15:39 +0000
Hallo Bernardino
Tks for this personal observation.  I have subsequently found that JW
Taylor in his Monograph (1894) and Lovell (Edible Molluscs 1884) both
cite instances of Cepaea consumption for Europe (Taylor) and France
(Lovell) but this modern day example is useful.
bfn
Jan
In message <000101c3de87$0ba1cc10$3e253ad5@bern>, Bernardino <bernardino
[log in to unmask]> writes
>In Portugal Cepaea nemoralis is sold in markets together with other edible
>species: Theba pisana, Helix aspersa, Otala lactea, etc. It's main
>consumption is in the center and the south of Portugal boiled with herbs.
>

>regards
>
>Bernardino

Jan Light
Janthina Consultants