From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 05:52:47 +0000
Say, here's confirmation that Perna viridis (from Asia) made it past
Jacksonville, FL, to the Georgia coast.

Last year I found P. viridis valves at Oregon Inlet north of Cape Hatteras
on the North Carolina coast. No live ones yet that I know of.

Alan Power, you might be interested in Nodilittorina interrupta making a
recent range extension. I've found it on the North Carolina coast in large
colonies even though it hasn't been recorded in books to my knowledge. Is a
wide, rapid range extension an invasion?

David Kirsh
Durham, NC