From:
Andy Rindsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:57:02 -0600
Thank you, Cuneyt et al.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to list the chemicals that *are* recommended
for cleaning shells. It might be a short list.

Let's see, there's salt, olive oil, tomato juice, balsamic vinegar, ground
black pepper ... just kidding, folks, but it does make a good salad
dressing.

Thanks for the good advice, David. Yes, I knew about the danger.
Incidentally, would you like to tell the assembled Conchlers about the
recent FMCS Gastropod Workshop here in Tuscaloosa? Granted, freshwater
gastropods are not everyone's forte, but we promise to sit quietly and
learn.

Andrew K. Rindsberg
Geological Survey of Alabama