Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:41:18 -0400
Wayne,
Species of the genus Placostylus are limited to New Caledonia and the
Loyalty Ids., the Solomon Ids., Fiji, the northern tip of New Zealand, and
Lord Howe Island.  Fijian Placostylus are rare in collections.  It is more
likely that the Placostylus in question is a Solomon Ids. species; some
which quite often show up in commercial lots.  But without a picture this
is all speculation.  One thing is for sure -- it is not a Phil. Placo.
Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com