From:
Olivier Caro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:11:42 +0200
To all of you who answered to my Angariinae question, a great and big thank.

Aaah Internet is a real treasure ; people ask, poeple answer and the average
knowledge level runs higher each day, with a speed never seen before.
I am far, far from any conchological library, but with the help of this
little modem, what kind of things could remain unknown ?

A few days ago, etymology of cincinna was requested, and the answers were
quickly posted.
Later, a little search on Lucius Q. Cincinnatus lead to the town of
Cincinnati, the Cincinnatus Corn Festival, and to a nice amount of things
that people can do or think by taking their inspiration from the frizzy
Roman.

Regarding etymology, something worries me: I've never made any studies in
ancient greek, and thus, do not possess any tool to translate etc...
The last hope remains here the wwweb, but it lacks...hmmm... is there
somewhere a translation tool ?
For the Latin, in addition to our dictionnaries, many websites offer some
translation/etymology engines, but it seems that no one has been build for
ancient Greek ?
Did you discover one ? This Clithon is actually puzzling !

Cheers

Olivier Caro