From:
"Roland Günther" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:05:51 +0200
Dear David,
I've spent my summer holiday this year along the Spanish coast. I found the
coast just south of the French border and the Gibraltar area very productive
for shallow water collecting and shellgrit. The part of coast inbetween
(i.e. 95 percent of it) is usually quite boring, with sandy beaches, no
tides but lots of tourists. However, there were some exceptions, one being
the beach just south of Alicante, where I found a few nice ones in shellgrit
while walking there for half an hour, among them some nicely sculptured Irus
irus and a very beached Spondylus (singe valve), so I think it would be
worth to unpack your snorkle and flippers there. From my experience it is
best for the "middle part" of Spain just to drive along the coast and stop
whenever you see a nice and promising beach with some rocks, a surfline etc.
At this time of year it should be easy to get a hotel room or campsite
wherever you are.

Enjoy your trip (and the food down there),
Roland Günther

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl