From:
Sophie Valtat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:58:23 +0100
Hello,

I find the Obis data basis a good tool because they give their
sources. In the case of the genus Cerithium you find:
Houbrick, R.S. 1992. p.4   General reference
Houbrick, R.S. 1992. p.16   Range map

I use OBIS as a basis and make modifications when I don't agree with
their choices. For example, for some Muricidae I would prefer Houart
to Tan.

There is still some little trouble with the technique: instead of the
title of an article you might have something like that :
{{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deftab720{\fonttbl{\f0\.... but with
the author and the date you generally find out what you are looking
for.

A great thing is that this tool is completely free !

Sophie