From:
Bob Dayle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:48:15 +1000
I apologize to the more than ten visitors who tried, unsuccessfully, to view the
"family portrait" of the almost 900 shells in the Visual Database.

The proper image was in the proper place,... but it had the wrong name! I have
fixed the name and the "portrait" is again available at
http://cowrys.org/research/900teres.htm

Because the visitors were from so many places (Austria, Holland, Slovenia,
Poland, Canada,... plus Texas & Alabama, among other US locations), it seemed
necessary to broadcast that the problem had been repaired.

Also, links to two "translation" tables have been added on the "900 teres" page.
These allow a worker to determine what a 'newer' TERxxx identity number is
equal to in its 'older' FORxxx number,... and vice versa.

Aloha,

Bob Dayle

http://cowrys.org/archive/  with 33 years of cowry-related articles from the
Hawaiian Shell News, plus Griffiths' THE COWRY.