Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:11:14 -0300
You can also heaten the tip of the shell. Usually when the
pagurus feel the heat it leaves the shell quickly...
Carefull not to overheat the shell or you may spoil it and/or
have a toasted crab... The scene is not beautifull, so do not
let you children see it... the crab usually leaves the shell in
some degree of deapair :( .

Regards
Fabio Wiggers

> A happy ending! I dislike killing pagurids for the shell.
> Often I
> find that if left out of the water for a while they may leave
> the
> shell, or at least extend themselves far out of the
> aperture... then
> you have the chance to gently remove them. I am not certain
> however
> that they are not suffering a fatal degree of asphixiation by
> this
> time...
> --
> Andrew Grebneff
> Dunedin
> New Zealand
> Fossil preparator
> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut

Yahoo! Mail - Agora com 250MB de espaço gratuito. Abra
uma conta agora! http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/