From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:48:43 -0700
It is probable that you have to tie growth lines with the individual
environmental situation.  In the study I referenced in Japan, there was a
substantial seasonal variation in temperature and presumably in the activity
level of the snail.  It might be that a rainy season and a dry season, if
such was a typical seasonal event, could have a similar impact on tropical
freshwater dwellers.  I was just hoping someone may have taken a look at
this.  If not, sounds like a great grant proposal for COA!

Tom E.

By the way, I will forward all responses to R.E. Taylor