From:
Bob Dayle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:20:51 +1000
By way of good fortune, and sustained effort, the imaging of specimens for the
Visual Database of Cypraea teres-like shells from Oahu, Hawaii, has been
completed.

The HTML of the on-line pages has been enhanced to the greatest degree deemed
reasonable and is now part of a CD-ROM format that includes all of the full-
and 'thumbnail'-sized images of 885 shells (6 views per shell), along with five
shells of Hawaiian-collected Cyp. cernica. There are more than 10,500 images on
the CD-ROM; nearly 340 megabytes. All one-quarter size 'thumbnail' images are
hyperlinked to their full-sized versions and each shell's ID number (on the
pages sorted by a parameter) is linked to the page with all of its images and
data.

This CD-R is now being made available to workers and institutions with interests
in the Hawaiian cypraeids,... at no charge. However, I will not handle any
funds. After an interested party contacts me privately--at
mailto:[log in to unmask] (not on the ListServ)--I will return an address to
which a properly-sized mailer can be sent. It must already have on it
sufficient U.S. postage for the delivery of the CD-ROM. I am giving away the
CD-R and the "burn time" needed to make it; the recipient must supply
everything else (which includes a case to protect the CD-ROM, if desired).

The On-Line Visual Database will remain available. Enhancements may occur in the
future, but other work beckons me at the present.

Aloha,

Bob Dayle
http://cowrys.org/research/ERESDB.HTM  is the On-Line Visual Database of
Hawaiian Cypraea teres-like shells.