From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:42:00 -0500
Congrat's on getting the cone pages up, Ross.  I notice Conus swainsoni
Estival & von Cosel, 1986 is not listed.  I'm interested in this species
since I found one yesterday.. in with my junk shells, since I thought it
was just another C. planorbis vitellus, except that I noticed the purple
inside the aperture wasn't as dark, and cleaned it up.  It was collected
at 80 feet off Tutuila, American Samoa, which isn't New Caledonia, but
not all that far away.  Is this species considered valid, or is it a form of
C. circumactus?  And speaking of C. circumactus, can someone tell me
what the differences are between regular C. circumactus and form C.
c. hammatus?

Thanks,

Don