Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:03:51 -0400
It seems to me that a "hybrid" may be either a "form of", a "sub-species", or a "freak". I would suspect FREAK untill many examples are found. At which point, the other two designations may be considered.
    Art

> From: Olivier Caro <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2005/06/29 Wed PM 03:15:54 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: hybrids
>
> "hybridism": amalgamation of companies, development of a chimera, all-directional fertilization, tea x coffee (P.I. Tchaikovsky)!
> I suspect hybridism to open the door of a strange house.
>
> What is (or are) the acknowledged sense(s) of this word: hybrid (in plants_veget. not bizness_, in seashells)... ?
> Relationship between "hybrid" and "species"... ?
> In other words, what is the place of a hybrid in a systema naturae ?
>
> Olivier Caro

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!