From:
Bernd Sahlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:39:58 +0200
Be aware that formalin slowly dissolve the shell! If you plan to store  thin
shells for a longer time (months, years) in formalin you may add some chalky
substance to the container. 70-80% isopropanol works well for the
prservation of the animal but it will penetrate the tissue not so fast as
ethanol. For big or very small specimen 70% ethanol would be the first
choice.

Bernd Sahlmann
from Munich

Scaphopod homepage: