From:
Javier López <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:27:27 +0100
Apropos of DNA studies. Can anyone help me?
I live in Lanzarote, Canary Islands. We use to find a small-medium Conus,
called Conus guanche.
according to the Lauer's work, the Conus guanche is found in Tenerife and
the Lanzarote's species belongs to ssp. Conus guanche nitens.
It makes a lot of morphologic and morphometric comparisons to reach the
results but ... here is my problem.
We find a lot of specimens that grows much more than his biggest size for
nitens, and also the spire shape is not the same in every cases. Till I know
the Conus guanche is not reported from Lanzarote, but only ssp. nitens
Anyone knows any work studying the DNA of this species and its status?
Thanks
Javier López
Lanzarote, Canary Islands