Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:05:31 -0400
Dear Charlie;-
    Most collectors and displayers don't do shells in a museum sense. They (we) put out our pretty shells so people who come to visit will say" Aint them purty!!"
   What we do to  make them look purty is shine-em-up. We use mineral oil, glycerin, spit, and etc. to make 'em look purty. Look at it this way: If shells were ugly---who'd collect or be interested. How many people do you know who take pride in their collection of banana slugs?
      Art

--
PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!