From:
"Vervaet, Fred (Fred)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:00:48 +0200
All,
Having been last week in Shanghai with all of it's scyscrapers and no nature to be wittnessed, I am now in Qingdao and hitted the beach last weekend. It is extremely difficult to find any shells on the beaches due to the high predation rates. Wherever I went along the beaches of this city with 7 million people, to collect shells, hunders of local people where doing the same. I was happy to find some littorinids and a few small shells. SO although there are plenty of beaches, it is hard to find any shells. The fishmarkets (if you can find them) are however full with shellfish and crabs and other crustitians, seacucumbers (big over here), etc.
Greetings from Sunny China
Fred