From:
Wolfgang Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 23:02:52 +0100
>>> [log in to unmask] 02.12.05 22.07 >>>
Hi Tom,

currently working on the Neritidae part of my collection, I took your
preliminary genus list of the Neritidae from an earlier posting of yours as
a base for the taxonomic array. In this list you don't mention the
(sub)genus Pictoneritina Iredale 1936, now presumably a subgenus of
Theodoxus. What happened to that taxon? Does it only include Theodoxus
(Pictoneritina) oualaniensis (Lesson, 1831)?
You also mentioned a book on Neritidae you were working on. How far has the
project grown in the meantime?
BTW, did you know that Theodoxus (Theodoxus) fluviatilis (Linnaeus 1758) was
"Mollusc of the year" in Germany in 2004? Take a look at
http://www.mollusken-nrw.de/weichtier_des_jahres/weichtier2004.htm (in
German).

Greetings from Germany
Michael

Hallo Michael

please have a look at Alison Hayens last work on the genera Clithon and Neritina

Haynes A (2005): An evaluation of members of the genea Clithon and Neritina _ Molluscan Research 25(2): 75-84

Clithon oualaniensis (Lesson 1831)
Pictoneritina is a synonym of Clithon

Therea are no Theodoxus (only in Europe, N-Africa, and West Asia) in tropical America and Asia.

Best regards

Wolfgang Fischer
Vienna