Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:20:03 -0500
OK! Now for a reverse view.
      Cataloging comes under the heading of: "What do I do with the shells after I got 'em?"
       Probably a good idea for dealers.
       I worked at the Cincinnati Museum for several years. We had/have about 135,000 shells. (I know that because I counted them). We also have SIX CATALOGS. Not a single shell can be matched to a place in a catalog. The best ID of the shells is the little bits of paper shoved in the openings.
       Why are you cataloging? What do you intend for the disposal of your shells? Will a small book of names and numbers help?
        Hecky darn! What do I know!
                   Art

--
PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!