From:
Lyle Therriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:20:03 -0500
I've struggled with writing numbers on my shells for a good amount of time.
I just cant do it for some reason. I guess the photo of each shell, saved
on discs, would be how I "number" them. If I have more than one specimen of
a species, the photos come in very handy, rather than to reference a
catalog number to find the shells info, the info for the shell is in the
photo! I suppose this method is a bit primitive, but it is the beginning to
my computer cataloging. I still keep many a notebook of information on my
specimens ( it's great insurance!)

LT