From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:02:47 -0500
Shamora Beach, Primoriye region, Russian Far East. Fly from Osaka, Japan to Niigata; change to ancient Tupolev and fly to Vladivostok; drive up coast road for several hours into more or less pristine version of what northern Japan must have looked like about 1000 years ago. Nice people too.

PC.

Paul Callomon
Collections Manager
Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates
Department of Malacology
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
Tel 215-405-5096
Fax 215-299-1170
Secretary, American Malacological Society
On the web at www.malacological.org

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/03/06 09:57AM >>>
Guido Poppe wrote, "Seems this list is about the problems of collecting, no
longer the shells, the discoveries, the excitement..."

Good point. We used to have more "What I did on Barbados" shelling reports,
for example. Okay, I have a question for you far-venturing folks. What was
the remotest locality you have ever collected at (in terms of the difficulty
of reaching it, not necessarily distance), and what made it special?

Happy New Year!
Andrew K. Rindsberg
Geological Survey of Alabama