From:
Alex Menez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 22:46:23 +0200
Trochoidea Rafinesque, 1815 is the superfamily used that includes the
families Trochidae, Pendromidae, Turbinidae etc. I know that Trochacea is
also used for this superfamily. How does this use relate to ICZN validity? A
question for the taxonomists on the list. There are other similar
'cross-uses' I've come across in the past (although none spring to mind at
the moment). Who knows of other examples?
Regards
Alex