From:
"M. J. Faber" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:20:03 +0200
Marlo,

could you tell me what the differences are, as observed by you, or Colin,
between Iniforis turristhomae, and I. pseudothomae? I have seen western
Atlantic Iniforis species by the thousands and it still remains a mystery to
my why Rolán and Fernández-Garcés. introduced I. pseudothomae as a separate
species. None of the characters mentioned is dichotomous, and some
observation made by Rolán and Fernández-Garcés (e.g. on the protoconch
sculpture) are simply wrong. 'I pseudothomae', in my opinion, is at most an
ecophenotype of I. turristhomae, but I would like to be proven wrong, here!

Marien